Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Riverwalk Oshkosh  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Common-Bond

• Admiral
Riverwalk Oshkosh
« on: March 06, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »
Just had a few thoughts on this... I understand Oshkosh is trying to make the river more appealing, (yadda, yadda, yadda.)  So the so called "transient docks" in between the Wisconsin St and Oregon St bridges, who really is actually going to dock there on a busy Saturday or Sunday and get tossed around from wakes. I really don't for-see that stretch being no-wake anytime soon.  Just my thoughts I guess. Would like to see a riverfront like Sheboygan has....

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/article/20120306/OSH0101/203060355/Lower-bid-has-city-thinking-savings-river-walk?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Brad
1992 2350 Chaparral SX
"Common-Bond"

Offline A-Bob

• Chief executive officer
Re: Riverwalk Oshkosh
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 06:13:23 PM »
Just had a few thoughts on this... I understand Oshkosh is trying to make the river more appealing, (yadda, yadda, yadda.)  So the so called "transient docks" in between the Wisconsin St and Oregon St bridges, who really is actually going to dock there on a busy Saturday or Sunday and get tossed around from wakes. I really don't for-see that stretch being no-wake anytime soon.  Just my thoughts I guess. Would like to see a riverfront like Sheboygan has....

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/article/20120306/OSH0101/203060355/Lower-bid-has-city-thinking-savings-river-walk?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Yes, I agree, that area will be a train wreck for docking.  Maybe if the slips were 20 ft wide and I could tie off all corners of my boat.  I can't see them making this whole area no wake, but it IS the city of Oshkosh and they've proved themselves to be rocket scientists many times over....

A-Bob
Captain A-Bob of "The Dog House"
1999 Wellcraft Martinique 3000

Offline Jay Rod

• A witty statement goes here.
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Some Days Its Not Worth Chewing through the Straps
    • Boating on Lake Winnebago
Re: Riverwalk Oshkosh
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:05:14 PM »
Got this from Work today as a status update on the River walk (I work in City Center.)

Riverwalk is proceeding on schedule.  Much progress has been in the "River lot" and hotel areas.  In mid to late July, demo work will be commencing in the center court step area.  Please stay aware from the waterfront and outside of any fenced area.
Corey - Neenah WI
Boatless :(